Thursday, April 5, 2007

Playing with Generators!

I love cats, so the Random Kitten Generator is my favorite lazy generator. Just click the mouse to generate a new image!!

All kidding aside, I did find some fairly interesting library-related generators.

Card Catalog Generator: Generates Library Cards based on the information you input.

The META tag Generator: A quick and user-friendly form for generating META tags to insert into the HTML of your web site for higher hits in search engines.

Dublin Core Generator: This generator generates Dublin Core metadata for embedding into HTML code. All you have to do is supply the URL of the site, and the generator does the rest itself.

For me, though, the most fun and most versatile generator was the Comic Generator . The ease and flexibility of using it was incredible! The only problem I had was that I couldn't figure out how to post my newly-created comic on my blog. There was no "link here" or "e-mail this to" option.

To make it widely accessible, I basically had to do a "Print Screen" for each panel, dump it into my graphics program, and then splice the three panels into one. Here is the result:

No comments: